So, after all of the sturm and drang of the last entry, where do I go on from here?
Well, I realize how much of a mistake it was for me to have not immediately pursued a Ph.D. but that is water years under the bridge. Just as true is the fact that it will be years before I get to take up that particular kind of study again. But the time for that will come, mark my words, it will come. In the mean time, I have other things to do.
- I miss writing, but I’ve gotten out of the habit. So, I’ve got to commit to a half-an-hour of writing per day. Blogging, letters to the editor, personal projects. Every day. No excuses.
- I miss researching subjects I care about. What do I care about?
- The building of the noosphere.
- The waning of HFC and the waxing of FTTH/FTTP. What would you call this? Ultra-Broadband? Ultraband?
- The growth of wireless broadband, in particular municipal wireless systems.
- Of course, Science Fiction as genre of literature, as a genre of film, as a style of narrative.
- I can’t believe that I didn’t include this in my original post!
- There are some personal projects I need to tackle.
- For instance, this weblog is pretty long in the tooth. It needs a major update, including an upgrade of MovableType. Add Flash elements? I have some fuzzy ideas for a redesign.
- I feel the need to start experimenting with web video. Something open source maybe? Perhaps NSV? Just to see what can be done. I haven’t shot video in quite a long time. Too long.
- I feel the need to start experimenting with web audio. Podcasting? Running a shoutcast server?
Where will all of this lead? Maybe here. Maybe here. Maybe here. Who knows. All I know is this. Things are moving again. Change is coming. I’m way out at sea and I can feel a big wave coming. I’ve done this before, I can do it again. No wonder Shockwave Rider is one of my favorite books.