Wow, almost two months since my last entry.
Lately I’ve been reading screenplays. Screenplays for films I’ve enjoyed,
- Tha Andromeda Strain – Nelson Gidding
- Rushmore – Wes Anderson and Owen Wilson
- X-Men – David Hayter
- The Matrix – Larry & Andy Wachowski
- The Fifth Element – Luc Besson
- Gattaca – Andrew Niccol
- Chinatown – Robert Towne
Still to come:
- Blood Simple, Raising Arizona, Miller’s Crossing and Barton Fink – Ethan & Joel Coen
- The Empire Strikes Back – Leigh Brackett and Lawrence Kasdan
- The Truman Show – Andrew Niccol
- X-Men 2 – David Hayter, Michael Dougherty, Dan Harris
- Total Recall – Ronald Shusett and Dan O’Bannon – Rewritten by Shusett and Steve Pressfield
- Blade Runner – Hampton Fancher and David Webb Peoples
- Alien – Walter Hill and David Glier
Why? First of all, I really enjoy reading them. Second of all, I want to re-acquaint myself with the form.
So, next I dive into The Truman Show.